ICME 11 Survey Teams Survey Teams, first created in ICME 10, are groups entrusted to carry out a survey of the latest developments regarding a certain theme or issue of Mathematics Education. Emphasis is placed on pinpointing new knowledge, new perspectives, and emerging challenges. The team’s work will be presented in a lecture at the congress. Survey Teams ensure we are made aware of developments in the field addressed since the time of the previous ICME, thus giving continuity to ICME.
- ST 1: Recruitment, entrance and retention of students to university mathematics studies in different countries
- ST 2: Challenges to mathematics education research faced by developing countries
- ST 3: The impact of research findings in mathematics education on students´ learning of mathematics
- ST 4: Representations of mathematical concepts, objects and processes in mathematics teaching and learning
- ST 5: Mathematics education in multicultural and multilingual environments
- ST 6: Societal challenges to mathematics education in different countries
- ST 7: The notion and role of theory in mathematics education research